This is for all you Vista users who are tired of manually launching every time you reboot: Here is how to set a program which requires elevation to start automatically in Windows Vista without prompting for elevation.
- Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler
- In the right pane, click “Create Basic Task”
- Enter a name for the task (can be anything), then click Next
- Select “When I Log On” then click Next
- Leave “Start a Program” checked and click Next
- In the Program field enter the name of the EXE and optional arguments, then click Next
- Check the box “Open the Properties dialog…”, then click Finish
- Check the “Run with highest privileges” box, click OK.
You are done. Next time you reboot, your app will start automatically after logon.